Providing service for more than a century, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) began delivering water to the city in 1902, and with the water came power. In 1916, LADWP first delivered electricity to the city purchased from the Pasadena Municipal Plant. A year later, LADWP began generating its own hydroelectric power at the San Francisquito Power Plant No. 1. After purchasing the remaining distribution system of Southern California Edison within the city limits in 1922, LADWP became the sole water and electricity provider for the City of Los Angeles. It is now the largest municipally owned electric utility in the nation, serving a population of 3.8 million residents over a 465 square mile area. LADWP remains on firm financial footing and serves as a valuable asset to the City of Los Angeles. LADWP reached its 20% renewable goal in 2010 and 28% (unaudited) in 2016 with a significant portion of such goal accomplished with projects transacted through SCPPA. LADWP is undergoing a transformation of its power supply, as documented in its Power Integrated Resource Plan. In the next 15 years, there will be a transition away from coal, replacing such energy through meeting a mandated 33% renewable goal by 2020, a mandated 50% renewable goal by 2030, a long-term aspirational 65% renewable goal by 2036, increasing energy efficiency to at least 15% by 2020, balancing the system demands with increased use of natural gas from new and rebuilt existing facilities, re-powering gas facilities to eliminate the use of ocean water for cooling, investing in the Power System Reliability Program to ensure robust power system, and supporting electric transportation growth to decrease overall greenhouse gas emissions in the L.A. Basin.